Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Official GE:S Clan Member
Today I am announcing my OFFICIAL RETIREMENT from Goldeneye: Source...

It's time to move on to greener pastures...

Frankly, I just can't stand the game anymore. I can't begin to stomach its crap anymore...

*The Spawns are ATROCIOUS. I've had times where i've literally spawned next to the person who killed me, only to die again. That is NOT acceptable and it shouldn't be tolerated by anyone.

*Weapon spawns have gone the way of the dodo bird. There's a reason why no other online games have them anymore.

*I haven't seen such HORRID hit detection since my days playing Metal Gear Online. Sometimes a gun will kill in one headshot, other times it will take 3 or 4. How many shots to the head does it take to kill someone with a Silver PP7, GE:S? We won't ever know if you keep changing your mind! Why does it only take 2 shots to kill me at full health when it takes 5 or 6 to do the same thing to someone else with the same gun shot in the same places?

*I'm sick of the same gamemodes over and over. Dr. No Health is probably the worst thing ever, by the way . It's not even a gamemode, it's a freaking cheat code. In conjunction with the terrible hit detection, it can play like LTK most of the time.

*Isn't there like no one working on this mod anymore? I remember everyone being so excited for 4.2 to come out. Then it came out. Remember being excited for bots to be in the game? Remember how well they worked? Is that the reason why NO ONE USES THEM? And all those awesome tutorials? I'm glad the game told me because I finally know how to play Deathmatch.

*It's basically a Goldeneye skin over top of a broken version of Counterstrike. Honestly, I WISH it was just Counterstrike with Goldeneye stuff on top, but it's not.

I've taken off my nostalgia glasses and I can see clearly now...and i'd advise the rest of you to do the same. There are so many BETTER games out there so why settle with this crap? I get that you have fond memories of Goldeneye 64 back in the day, but it's not enough to base an entire game on. There's a reason why shooters have evolved.

Ok, i'm done ranting and raving now. Goodbye, GE:S. We had fun in the beginning (kinda), but i've outgrown your nostalgia looks and i've seen the ugliness you hide on the outside. You are like an abusive relationship that we just don't know how to end...

..but i've figured out how to say goodbye and I will not look back.

UNINSTALLED

You can find me on STEAM playing other games on fridays that I actually enjoy...

Official Retirement from GE:S Fbz_f4da6faa5ac353b5cb7177d20c7ba1bc

2Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 pm

WolfgangAugustus

WolfgangAugustus
SPECTRUM HARDCORE SURVIVAL

http://legiondary.enjin.com/forum

3Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
WolfgangAugustus wrote:SPECTRUM HARDCORE SURVIVAL

I've got my Captain Planet skin ready to go

4Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
If you are actually complaining this hard about the game, then you haven't even bothered to understand it properly.

Hit detection has several factors:
Invincibility period, lag between players, the fact that each weapon does different damage JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL GAME.

People are working on the game. There is a new bug fix coming. The reason why it takes so long for new releases is because the developers have other things in their life as well, not just GoldenEye.

This game is based on nostalgia and trying to be as close to the original as possible, unlike the other **** out there which is trying to be like GoldenbEye. It is bringing together an international audience with the same feelings about the original game.

Gamemodes? Tell me a game where the gamemodes aren't the same OVER AND OVER?

I play this game and run this clan because we get together and have FUN. I have never heard you say a peep otherwise. GE:S is not perfect, but we have a single developer who is trying all he can to make all the bugs fixed (weapon spawns, bots, etc)

Also remember that VALVE keeps **** around with the engine so it makes it ten times harder to get his work done.

So there is my rant done. I celebrate the hard work that has been put in and the amazing likeminded people I have met along the way in this imperfect game. If you want to leave GE:S fine, but I didn't think you had to be so drastic about it.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

5Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Official Retirement from GE:S ITAmc

(I did read it...I just wanted an excuse to use this image)

Maybe you've just convinced yourself that because you've put so much time into it that there is no possible way it could be anything other than awesome and that I "just don't understand"...

Like the people who tell themselves that War Z is a good game and people "just don't get it"...

Maybe you're the one who doesn't get it...because you can't accept it...because you don't want to get it...

6Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Seeing as I know the ins and outs of this game and I know where its flaws are, then I find that strange that I "wouldn't understand"

7Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Nastard

Nastard
Mister Bright, if you're unhappy with the game then by all means uninstall it and stop playing. Don't sit here and bitch about how much you hate the game. If you try to "advise" other players to follow in your footsteps, you can consider me an enemy.

8Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Emilia wrote:Seeing as I know the ins and outs of this game and I know where its flaws are, then I find that strange that I "wouldn't understand"

You were certainly quick to shoot down everything I said...

So what? I instantly don't know how things work? I haven't spent hours of my life experiencing these things in game over and over again...enough to the point where I have reason to complain about them in the first place? I didn't "work" on the game or have some "beta tester" icon next to my name so I just don't understand it?

So i'm not allowed to have an opinion about things?

9Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Nastard wrote:Mister Bright, if you're unhappy with the game then by all means uninstall it and stop playing. Don't sit here and bitch about how much you hate the game. If you try to "advise" other players to follow in your footsteps, you can consider me an enemy.

What happened to that "freedom of speech" you're so keen on respecting?

10Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Nastard

Nastard
Freedom of speech is the reason your words are still posted.

11Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
No no, my point is that you HAVE played hours of this game and you don't seem to get some of the gameplay aspects like the hit detection. Most people notice these "flaws" in the game immediately and leave. You have stuck around.

I am grateful to have done testing for this game, but that is not the reason why I know the game so well. I talk to people who have made this game and have more experience than me. I have the worst ping around but I can own a server full of Americans, even with the lag, invincibility periods and weapons.

You are allowed to have your opinion on anything you like, but I really don't like it when people don't have anything good to say. So much hard work has been put into this game and I respect Killermonkey so much. I love welcoming people to the game and want to experience GoldenEye like when we used to play as kids. I love the community. This is what makes the game as amazing as it is, not the game itself.

12Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
Oh boo hoo...I don't have a lot of good things to say about the beloved GE:S...I have a different opinion from the flock...

Maybe GE:S isn't the only thing it's time for me to move on from...

13Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:39 pm

WolfgangAugustus

WolfgangAugustus
Aren't you listening, Bright? Everyone is saying that fine, you can think what you want of the game. But the problem is you're telling 'the flock' that their opinion is wrong and to conform to your view.

You don't like GE:S, leave it uninstalled, play games you like.

http://legiondary.enjin.com/forum

14Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 am

Mickle

Double Century
Bright sir, you're mad for dumb reasons.

All deathmatch games have "dumb" spawns, hit detection is damn close to the original (how it should be) and less 1 hit KO crap than most games.

We're fine with you quitting, but we will still play as we see fit, just stop trying to make us all hate something we clearly appreciate.

15Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:42 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Mister Bright has left the clan and has deleted us from Steam.

16Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:43 am

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
I appreciate some of what you're saying, but couldn't you just say "I'm bored of the game, gonna stop playing it, thanks for the good times guys"? You don't need to give us the third degree for your frustrations. And as for the response to your post, if you're going to vent that much negativity at people you can't act the victim when you get a little back.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't play for the nostalgia. I play because it's a fun, impressive and free little game. And it's just that. Not worth kicking up a fuss about.

17Official Retirement from GE:S Empty Re: Official Retirement from GE:S Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:24 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
I have to agree with him GES is crap but i just don't play it!!! (yeah this is MY opinion and does not reflect anyone else's!)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum