Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1School assignment on The history of gaming Empty School assignment on The history of gaming Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm

LoadingWTF

Official GE:S Clan Member
Hoping to tap into the collective gaming knowledge of spectrum, as i figured we would have some long time gamers in here.
I was assigned a task today titled "The impacts of video games on society".
Below is taken from the year's work program and outlines what i need to write.
"Computer games are being produced all around the world every second of the day. They can be educational and instructional or simply a form of enjoyment. Over the past decade, computer games have developed in the realms of game play, graphics, speed and interactivity. Computer game ratings and restrictions is a contentious issue in Australia today and laws are constantly changing to catch up with technology. To fully appreciate computer games we need to understand what the impact has been and where the future of gaming is headed.

You are required to investigate and report on the impact of computer games on our society over the last 10 years. Discuss the technology used, both past and present and consider future directions."

TL:DR
I have to write about the core components of the last decade of video games, current video games and what i think they will be in future of video games. While also mentioning its effects on the wider community and some things about Australian censorship laws.

Further below that was a more in detail outline of what needs to be done, which i made my plan for each paragraph.

Link here http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dx9n3yooxwd6u5x
*Its a word doc BTW, sorry of you don't have word

Legend: what's written in red are rough ideas for each paragraph while whats written in black is the question idea that needs to be explained.

If you do want to help, Please do. If you don't, ignore this.

Please tell me if I'm wrong in some sections or if you have any additions or suggestions to make. Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

And please if you do add something could you add the source as well. Also any sources that relate to the rough ideas within the document above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

damata_chip

damata_chip
The outline keeps referring to "computer games", but the title states "video games". Is the intention to limit the assignment to computer games and ignore consoles or is it just bad wording?

LoadingWTF

yeah, sorry about that. it's just limited to computer games

damata_chip

damata_chip
I think you should definitely mention social network games like farmville. It's really taken off in the past 5 years and is a good contrast to most of the other points.

Also be sure to cover game addiction.

LoadingWTF

WOW. Thanks Damata I really appreciate it!

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I just hope that the person marking this assignment has a good understanding of the gaming industry as a whole.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

Mickle

Double Century
Don't forget to mention the level of hardware changes effecting games progression, and that without PC upgrades some games will be unobtainable upon release (Less important than Damata's links)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum