Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good Microphones Empty Good Microphones Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Nastard

Nastard
Official GE:S Clan Member
Been considering getting a microphone recently, but there are so many different ones to choose from. I want to know which kind fellow Spectrum members recommend.

2Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:00 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
You should get the one that lets you talk...that's a good one

3Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Nastard

Nastard
That sounds like a bright idea, cause this old one i currently have doesn't let or allow me to talk. I have to stay in absolute silence around it.

4Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:11 pm

MisterBright

MisterBright
I have a Logitech mic. It's just a simple headset but it works well. I also have a Nokia Bluetooth wireless headset that i've never tried to pair with my computer...

I don't remember how much the Logitech one was but the Nokia was 40 dollahs...

5Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 am

MaJoR

MaJoR
Double Century
I have a 'Blue Snowball'. Little over kill but good mic haha.

http://davelm.com

6Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 am

Mickle

Double Century
I'm using a Plantronics gamecon 7.1 surround headset, its Mic seems pretty nice and I have wonderful sound as a bonus!

7Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:30 am

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
No such thing as wonderful sound on a headset lol, just overpriced garbage Razz

People say my mic sounds alright and I'm only using the one built into my webcam lol (logitech c920?), so I think they are lying about how clear it is and probably just hear muffled garbaged and are all like yeah I can kinda hear you it works fine!!! *facepalm*
When I tried to record some guitar playing it sounded absolutely horrible to me, the dual mics just made an almost chorus type echo effect unless I desabled one which I don't think I can do in-game :/

I haven't tried em personally but a lot of the audiophiles recommend these: Zalman Microphone ZM-MIC 1
Meant to be a perfect companion to a decent set of headphones and miles ahead of anything built into a headset Smile edit: (for gaming anyway, wouldn't try em for recording anything)

Last edited by self_slaughter on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

8Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:32 am

damata_chip

damata_chip
I also use the one on my webcam. I have a headset but it's not comfortable for long periods so I don't bother with it most of the time. At least using the webcam one means one less device to worry about.

9Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 am

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
damata_chip wrote:I also use the one on my webcam. I have a headset but it's not comfortable for long periods so I don't bother with it most of the time. At least using the webcam one means one less device to worry about.

I absolutely love my sennheiser headphones, so comfortable that I forgot I have them on for hours at a time till I go to get up and the cord pulls me back lol

10Good Microphones Empty Re: Good Microphones Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Nastard

Nastard
Ended up going with a TekNmotion headset, hope i chose wisely.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum