Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How did you find out about the Internet? Empty How did you find out about the Internet? Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:07 am

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
Just a fun Thread Razz
so how did you find out the Internet?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ECL-Wheatley

Mickle

Double Century
One day I accidently'd a black hole and I've never felt better.

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Official GE:S Clan Member
This dude knew about it almost 20 years before it even existed!

On a side note, I was born in the same year that TCP/IP (Internet protocol) was formalised and SMTP (E-mail Protocol) was created Very Happy
If I was never born the internet as we know it might never of existed!!! affraid

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
self_slaughter wrote:This dude knew about it almost 20 years before it even existed!

On a side note, I was born in the same year that TCP/IP (Internet protocol) was formalised and SMTP (E-mail Protocol) was created Very Happy
If I was never born the internet as we know it might never of existed!!! affraid

Then we should be glad that you are here Shocked

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I started using the internet back in primary school on the school computers.

Ask Jeeves for kids was a huge thing back then Razz

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
Yeah i remember ask jeeves! I guess i was in primary school too!

Mickle wrote:One day I accidently'd a black hole and I've never felt better.

This, haha. I started using it back in the good old days of dial up. Back then of course you couldn't spend any longer than 10 or 20 minutes at a time on it without having to pay a hefty phone bill at the end of each month

damata_chip

damata_chip
I remember my dad used to download games (Commander Keen ftw!) for us from a BBS and I remember him showing me how it worked. That was around 1992 so I would have only been 6.

First time I used the internet myself would have been around 1996, I remember searching for tigers lol. I was using it on a regular basis from around 1998 onwards. I still remember my old ICQ number - 41849972. I have a tendency to remember useless crap ^^

Mickle

Double Century
liamcadhain wrote:
This, haha. I started using it back in the good old days of dial up. Back then of course you couldn't spend any longer than 10 or 20 minutes at a time on it without having to pay a hefty phone bill at the end of each month

My first dial up was an amazing 300 MB a month plan.

To beat that with my DL speeds back then I needed to have exclusive phone line service, something my parents never seemed to allow.

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
I was let down by my parents Sad we were on dialup till i started uni and it took 3 months to convince them dial up was crap that was in 2008!!! since then never looked back so my childhood was technologically lacking somewhat!!!

Mickle

Double Century
Torchwood wrote:I was let down by my parents Sad we were on dialup till i started uni and it took 3 months to convince them dial up was crap that was in 2008!!! since then never looked back so my childhood was technologically lacking somewhat!!!

I didn't get ADSL1 til 2008, I feel your pain.
But in saying that, I learnt to game with high ping, so I got semi decent at FPS games.

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
I Know some of you may or may not believe it but I started using the Internet in the first year of 2011 basically when I found out about the Internet I found out about steam and I was using these wireless routers.
I heard that steam was place for gaming so I joined (this was before I had a gaming Laptop I had a crappy laptop and I didn't know about graphic cards or processor or anything but surprisingly it ran Hl2 fine).
Anyhow after I started making the account I begin my Internet life
The story of how I became now is pretty long actually so I will skip that unless if everyone wants to hear it
so the reason I found out about the Internet in 2011 not 2000 or 2005?
I been playing to much old style console mostly dreamcast and the old Xbox even the gamecube one Razz

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
damata_chip wrote:I remember my dad used to download games (Commander Keen ftw!) for us from a BBS and I remember him showing me how it worked. That was around 1992 so I would have only been 6.

First time I used the internet myself would have been around 1996, I remember searching for tigers lol. I was using it on a regular basis from around 1998 onwards. I still remember my old ICQ number - 41849972. I have a tendency to remember useless crap ^^

haha kicking it old school on the BBS Razz
most people wouldn't of even heard of that now days!

also command keen kicks ass!!!!!

[AOCP] Wheatley wrote:I Know some of you may or may not believe it but I started using the Internet in the first year of 2011 basically when I found out about the Internet I found out about steam and I was using these wireless routers.
I heard that steam was place for gaming so I joined (this was before I had a gaming Laptop I had a crappy laptop and I didn't know about graphic cards or processor or anything but surprisingly it ran Hl2 fine).
Anyhow after I started making the account I begin my Internet life
The story of how I became now is pretty long actually so I will skip that unless if everyone wants to hear it
so the reason I found out about the Internet in 2011 not 2000 or 2005?
I been playing to much old style console mostly dreamcast and the old Xbox even the gamecube one Razz

wow showing your age mate (or am I showing mine???) Very Happy

Dreamcast old style? wow I almost tore a hole in my pants when I first got my dreamcast!
I remember everyone bagging out on me at my 18th birthday cuz I had some hot sheila hanging off me all night and I was blind rotten drunk and all I wanted to do was play crazy taxi lmao

(She's fat now so it worked out for the best hahahahaha)

...Waits for Emilia to tear me a new one lol!

Mickle

Double Century
self_slaughter wrote:
(She's fat now so it worked out for the best hahahahaha)

...Waits for Emilia to tear me a new one lol!

So glad Im lingering here, you've got balls man!

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I am not the girl in question here...

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Emilia wrote:I am not the girl in question here...

Yeah I was just expecting you to have a go at me about making fun of fat chicks... you seem to be rather politically correct (ie. unaustralian) hahahahaha

Mickle

Double Century
self_slaughter wrote:
Yeah I was just expecting you to have a go at me about making fun of fat chicks... you seem to be rather politically correct (ie. unaustralian) hahahahaha

To be honest, kinda why >.>

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum