Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:39 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator

This is AWESOME!!!

He currently has 3 monitors and might be going for a 4th.

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 pm

What a field of view, haha. Imagine what it would look like with a 4th monitor

3Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:38 pm

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Official GE:S Clan Member
Yeah it's great being able to see so much at once, although it didn't help me much recording that video lol

If I do decide to plug in a 4th monitor it will just be for chat n monitoring stuff, no good for gaming as the crosshair would be inbetween the middle two screens....

but 5 monitors in portrait! theres an (expensive) idea! Very Happy

4Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Hey Nick, you should take a photo of your computer set up and put it here: http://spectrum.niceboard.org/t266-challenge-computer-set-up

Have GES on the screen so we can see ^^

5Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:52 am

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
I'll chuck a quick one I already have on the computer up now and I'll try take another one later Smile

6Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
Just imagine what it'd be like to start stacking monitors vertically too. You'd get a fish-eye view in the game.

7Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
AvocadoBoneFlower wrote:Just imagine what it'd be like to start stacking monitors vertically too. You'd get a fish-eye view in the game.

Nah if you started stacking em vertically as well, as in 6 monitors: 3 on the bottom, 3 on the top, then it would almost start to look like a normal monitor again but a lot bigger.
With the downside of your crosshair would fall inbetween monitors so you couldn't really see what you are aiming at.

When I had the 3 monitors in portrait mode it's almost the same aspect ratio / fov as running a normal widescreen monitor.

8Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
Hm, good point; you'd have to edit the camera's FOV to make that work. A man can dream though...

9Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
Wait wait wait....if you put 3 monitors...or 4...How this works exactly? I mean am confuse of how this works on a pc...hmmm Interesting...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ECL-Wheatley

10Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:53 pm

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
[AOCP] Wheatley wrote:Wait wait wait....if you put 3 monitors...or 4...How this works exactly? I mean am confuse of how this works on a pc...hmmm Interesting...

What don't you get exactly?

I have three monitors hooked up to one video card and then I have an option to make windows/games think that the 3 screens are actually one giant screen.

On AMD Video cards its called "eyefinity"

So Instead of just running my games in 1920x1200 resolution I'm actually running 1920x1200 x 3 + a little bit extra to make up for the gaps inbetween the monitors.

So my total resolution as seen in windows/games is actually 6048x1200. Requires a damn fast computer though! But it is something that definitely should be experienced.

To be honest I hated it for the first week or two but now I couldn't live without it Smile

Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Dsc_0010

11Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:24 pm

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
Well am impressed^^ you got my honor sir^^ And AMD is also a core right? not just a video card? since my is Intel i7 (and most of my gamer friends who have high pcs too doesn't take intel for some reason...you can say that I rarely find people using intel as a core for gaming..) and even though I got ATI graphic cards (high ones of course) Even though I heard that ATI graphic cards are buggy sometimes But still It can run games at very high so I got no problems even though am getting weird random seconds lags or something in fallout: new vegas (I guess its because the engine is to damn buggy!) Anyways About the monitors you just got you self a nice piece of gaming equipment^^ Better not lose it!

12Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Avocado Bone Flower

Avocado Bone Flower
Haven't seen a video card with three outputs before, must look into that. I'm currently on two monitors. A mate of mine has three but I'm sure he told me he needed a second display adapter.

Don't have space for a third monitor right now though so it's academic at this point.

13Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:47 pm

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
[AOCP] Wheatley wrote:Well am impressed^^ you got my honor sir^^ And AMD is also a core right? not just a video card? since my is Intel i7 (and most of my gamer friends who have high pcs too doesn't take intel for some reason...you can say that I rarely find people using intel as a core for gaming..) and even though I got ATI graphic cards (high ones of course) Even though I heard that ATI graphic cards are buggy sometimes But still It can run games at very high so I got no problems even though am getting weird random seconds lags or something in fallout: new vegas (I guess its because the engine is to damn buggy!) Anyways About the monitors you just got you self a nice piece of gaming equipment^^ Better not lose it!

AMD do also make CPU's but I wouldn't use one in a decent gaming machine!

They used to be great chips for the price but now days they are just to slow in comparison to what intel has on offer.

When I upgraded from an AMD 955 3.2Ghz quad core to an i5 2500k 3.3Ghz quad core in some games I saw over a 40 frames per second increase! and that was before I overclocked it!

The AMD CPU I couldn't even get to 4Ghz, only about 3.8Ghz
The i5 2500k ran easily at 4.5Ghz all day long and at one stage I pushed it as far as 5.4Ghz!!!

My new i7 3820 wasn't as much of an upgrade but it was more the ability to run multiple video cards better that convinced me to upgrade. (that and I won the motherboard at a liquid nitrogen overclocking competition! Very Happy)

AMD Drivers for video cards have been known to have their problems but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Usually only when running multiple video cards is there any problems with new games.

But the amount of power they have is unbelievable, I still can't get over the fact that my 3Gb 7970 thats only overclocked to 1125Mhz can run 6048x1200 resolution with max settings in almost every game I've played except for Crysis 2 and Day-Z (even in that I only have to drop a few things down!)

Monster of a video card, can't wait till I can afford another one!

oh and fyi ATi = AMD now, AMD bought out ATi a long time ago but took a while before they lost the ATi name completely Very Happy

AvocadoBoneFlower wrote:Haven't seen a video card with three outputs before, must look into that. I'm currently on two monitors. A mate of mine has three but I'm sure he told me he needed a second display adapter.

Don't have space for a third monitor right now though so it's academic at this point.

Yeah it all depends what video card you have, my 7970 actually has 4 video outputs on the back, 2 mini display ports, 1 dvi and 1 hdmi.

I'm using all but the hdmi at the moment, but I'm tempted to hook up a spare monitor with it just because I can lol

Also your friend may still be right, some video cards can't actually use all of the connectors on the back at the same time unfortunately.

14Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
Well since you an expert on some things...Did you ever notice some weird lags on fallout new vegas (if you played it)?\
Btw sorry for unrelated question just need an answer >_<
Update:Nvm I found the problem stupid ASUS apps >_>

15Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Pearly

Pearly
I've got an eyefinity capable ATI card, but it took about two years until I got my first HDMI monitor, and in that time, for whatever reason, the HDMI output on my card seems to have buggered up. Still have the DisplayPort output, but the monitors really aren't good enough to invest in active converters for eyefinity, and I haven't got the dough spare to buy all new ones. First step will be a new CPU and motherboard anyway. This is awesome, though, wish I could do the same Razz

http://selectstartmedia.net

16Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:46 pm

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
[AOCP] Wheatley wrote:Well since you an expert on some things...Did you ever notice some weird lags on fallout new vegas (if you played it)?\
Btw sorry for unrelated question just need an answer >_<
Update:Nvm I found the problem stupid ASUS apps >_>

Glad ya found the problem Razz

It's a pain in the ass sometimes when things like that happen... I remember bad company 2 kept causing my computer to hard lock every now and then and I was beginning to suspect my overclocks might of been bad even though I was 99% sure they were rock solid.

Turned out it was having voltage monitoring enabled in MSI Afterburner... disabled that and no problems since!
Man that took me a while to hunt down!

Pearly wrote:I've got an eyefinity capable ATI card, but it took about two years until I got my first HDMI monitor, and in that time, for whatever reason, the HDMI output on my card seems to have buggered up. Still have the DisplayPort output, but the monitors really aren't good enough to invest in active converters for eyefinity, and I haven't got the dough spare to buy all new ones. First step will be a new CPU and motherboard anyway. This is awesome, though, wish I could do the same Razz

As cool as eyefinity is if the cards 2+ years old I wouldn't even bother to be honest, work on getting the rest of the system up to scratch first Smile

Running such high resolutions really hurts performance!
My 7970 just cuts it for most games but I really need a 2nd one to make some games playable.
For single screen gaming there wasn't much difference between my old 6870 crossfire setup and my 7970... but I know that if I had of tried eyefinity on the dual 6870s it would of been a painful experience. 7970 just has so much raw grunt!

17Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:15 pm

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
Got a another problem everytime I enter a vault (I mean like any vault! except if it have people in it!) just drop frames for no apparently reason! I look at a pencil BOOM you got 2 frames rate instant of 60 you dump stupid idiot because you are in a bloody vault but when I look at a pencil on any place that is not the vault BOOM you got you self some sweet ass 100 frames you badass wheatley I mean like what? I mean I understand that the fallout 3 engine is glitchy as hell in fallout 3 and new vegas as for example these glitches that I encounter in some weird moments
Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES 52035711
Or even this! (I still got that nightmare....)
Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Glitch10
Or even sometimes ED-E get stuck on the vault (poor ED-E being smashed by a wall =c)
But serious like My pc ran lot of games on high and works fine even with some fraps but serious whats the deal with the vault? the vaults maps are small but the wasteland is a big map is just...doesn't really make sense o.o
Again sorry for unrelated topic =c

18Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 pm

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Holy crap thats some funky shiz going on there!

That first screenshot is awesome!

Man if the games that buggy I think I can leave it out of my to play list lol... I do have it installed but just never been bothered to play it :/

If you are running it through steam I'd probably try verify the files to make sure something hasn't been corrupted. Seriously no AAA game should glitch like that! (unless you've installed some mods or something)

Failing that maybe try uninstall any CAP profiles and your video card drivers and reboot the system, then reinstall the latest driver / CAP and try again... :/

If not maybe try older drivers hahaha, the joys of AMD cards Very Happy

19Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 pm

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
Lol well fallout 3 engine is famous for its glitches and bugs so if I see these I wouldn't be surprise like I was when i was a little kid I mean I find them too in the xbox 360 version! I swear once I was going to die by a deathclaw I was preying for mercy because I forgot to do a quicksave then the deathclaw fly all up to the sky until i never ever saw him again....no serious that happened in the xbox 360 o.o (but it was in fallout 3 but meh whats the difference?) and never bothered to try it? are you insane? (no offense) its an amazing game I shot my friend so i can get fallout:new vegas!
And about that "serious no AAA should glitch like that!" yea right no AAA game that isn't fallout 3/new vegas Razz and no I didn't add mods and yes everything is updated >_> and I don't think the files are corrupt because I never ever miss with it maybe its because of these bugs that are on the vault that when I kill them they body physic is all to much moving....and One thing And I swear it came right at my f--king face since fallout 3 And am scared as **** that it doesn't come in new vegas o.o
Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES New-ve10
Just saying if you see it just f--king run because Number1! its not suppose to be in the game! Number 2! it flys right out to your face! just beware...;-;

20Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
self_slaughter wrote: But it is something that definitely should be experienced.

*drives to your house*

21Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 am

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Emilia wrote:
self_slaughter wrote: But it is something that definitely should be experienced.

*drives to your house*

Haha feel free Smile

As I said I don't really know many people in Perth so it would be good to meet some new faces! Can go to the pub or something for a feed and a few drinks then come back and play some games lol

22Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 am

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
Hey slaughter is it possible to do the monitors but with a gaming laptop? (And yes my gaming laptop screen is pretty f--king larger >_>)

23Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 am

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
[AOCP] Wheatley wrote:Hey slaughter is it possible to do the monitors but with a gaming laptop? (And yes my gaming laptop screen is pretty f--king larger >_>)

Not sure how you would go about it on a laptop to be honest. I think your best bet would be to look into a matrox triplehead2go

I have no experience with them though so I can't really help ya out much with that sorry :/

On an unrelated note I just ordered another $300 worth of water cooling gear today lol.... Almost got everything I need to start setting up my first water loop now!!!! cheers

PC gets so noisy trying to run at such a high resolution Sad

24Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:06 am

[AOCP] Wheatley

[AOCP] Wheatley
Double Century
self_slaughter wrote:
[AOCP] Wheatley wrote:Hey slaughter is it possible to do the monitors but with a gaming laptop? (And yes my gaming laptop screen is pretty f--king larger >_>)

Not sure how you would go about it on a laptop to be honest. I think your best bet would be to look into a matrox triplehead2go

I have no experience with them though so I can't really help ya out much with that sorry :/

On an unrelated note I just ordered another $300 worth of water cooling gear today lol.... Almost got everything I need to start setting up my first water loop now!!!! cheers

PC gets so noisy trying to run at such a high resolution Sad
Yay^^ I wonder what the water loop will look like^^ and noisy because in a high resolution? check the fans! it happen to me once then I found out that two of the fans were screw out! It almost broke my beloved gaming laptop >_<

25Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Empty Re: Eyefinity: self_slaughter plays GES Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 am

self_slaughter

self_slaughter
Haha nah fans etc are fine, they just ramp up a lot higher then they did before due to how much harder the video card has to work pushing 3 screens instead of one.

Give it a couple of weeks andeverything should be under water and dead silent Smile

Fastest fan I will have is around 700rpm Smile

Not the bloody 7000rpm jet engine I have now hahaha

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum