Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Funny Pharm Empty The Funny Pharm Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
Hi guys as you may already know i'm a pharmacy student and i also work at a pharmacy in Perth. I though i'd make a thread about funny things that customers do/happens in my pharmacy!

A while ago i had a guy about 25 come up to me and told me that he had been bitten by a spider that he couldn't identify two days ago and this is a summary of the conversation that followed;

Me- Did you go and see a doctor?
Guy- No
Me- So what brings you here today?
Guy- Well i can't feel my leg
Me- affraid
So you need to go and see the doctor immediately!
Guy- I'll be ok though i don't really need to see i doctor do i
Me- (thinking are you crazy?) well i really think you need to see a doctor asap
Guy- Oh i don't really want to pay to see a doctor they're a rip off i should be fine if i don't see one right it's been two days
Me- No i'm telling you that my advice to you is to go to the hospital and see a doctor now!
Guy- but it's not that bad is it?
Me- (thinking DUDE YOU CAN'T FEEL YOUR FREEKING LEG!!!) look you were bitten by a spider and didn't seek medical attention and you now can't feel the leg that was bitten in my opinion that's pretty serious and i would go to see the doctor as soon as i could, there is nothing in the pharmacy i can give you to help you please go to the hospital!
Guy- Okay i guess so, walks out of the pharmacy

The things some people do i'm not sure if he went and got it sorted but seriously if i couldn't feel a limb that had been bitten by a spider a couple of days ago i'd be in emergency so fast. well come to think of it i wouldn't cos i'd already have gone to get the spider bite treated two days ago!!!

the things some people do...
to be continued

2The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 am

Grunt Attack

Grunt Attack
Double Century
you just give me an idea
annoy employees

3The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:39 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
So next story, as a younger generation perhaps we forget that we understand the internet better than older people. As a student too, most of us have been through that boring process of learning what a credible resource is and what isn't ie; Wikipedia while helpful is not credible as it can be changed by anyone (as seen by Justin Bieber's apparent indecision about his gender and sexuality). Anyway...
I found myself last weekend serving a 50-60 year old customer who was taking ordinary panadol (containing paracetamol 500mg) but they were dosing with 2 tablets every 4 hours. To everyone who doesn't do pharmacy and therefore has no need to know this paracetamol poisoning is the most common form of accidental poisoning that occurs in Australia! When taken as directed by the instructions (2 tablets 4 times a day) it is perfectly safe however when taken in excess of that the way the body processes paracetamol changes and produces toxic by-products that destroy the liver (fun)! So it's important that the patients know they must be careful not to take excessive amounts.

In response to me trying to explain this to them they then replied
"the Google says i can"
at which point it's facepalm time!
several responses occurred to me such as "well as long as you don't need your liver go for it!" or "ok well all that time at uni i was wrong if the great and powerful google says so who am i to question it" however unfortunately i can't do that.
The patient then argured with me that i was wrong so i went and got 2 separate medical texts that clearly showed the dosing information and only then did they accept that google got it wrong!

Sometimes it's a bit scary what people will believe on the net but what really makes me laugh is the reverence for 'THE GOOGLE'!!!

4The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
What an idiot...

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

5The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
So new one! not so much a medical one but just a customer with no common sense...
So this lady comes in looking for a re hydration product called hydralyte, which comes in various forms but this lady picked the effervescent tablets (like berocca they fizz in water). Anyway she buys these and is going on about how great they are and decides to put one in a bottle of water there and then before she goes home. So she whips out a bottle of mineral water which she opens and it fizzes all over the counter so i grab a box of tissues (the closest thing to clean it up and the lady without thinking just drops the tablet in and it goes everywhere!
So she turns to me and says oh i'm sorry, you'll be ok to clean that up?
So i responded well its not like i have much choice!
FML sometimes!!!

6The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:11 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Idiot...

also, why drop it into mineral water...bit of a waste...

7The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:43 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
yeah 1 tablet for a 1.25 L bottle!!!

8The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:05 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
By the time she drinks that, all the B vitamins would have degraded...

9The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:44 am

Torchwood

Torchwood
Double Century
nah it was hydralyte just salts

10The Funny Pharm Empty Re: The Funny Pharm Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I was thinking it was Berocca for some reason...I payed attention Razz