Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 am

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I believe these two go hand in hand because there is no test that is never cruel. This is because we do not have that animal's permission to do the tests on them. That is the same if we were to the same thing to a human being.

I try to be as cruelty free as I can, though the availabilities of some products are just so hard to come buy, you have to go out of your way to get them. One thing I really want is cruelty free toothpaste.

A lot of things I have made changes to like shampoo, make up, deodorant and I have even encouraged my Mum to buy household cleaners that have not been tested on animals.

The thing that saddens me the most is my chosen career. A pharmacist, selling drugs that have been tested on animals. It makes me really depressed sometimes. That is the same with me taking drugs. I get a bit hesitant. I am going to stay in pharmacy, but I am never, ever going to be on the end where they manufacture the stuff. Never. I will be helping the community providing life saving medication. When I eventually own a pharmacy, I would love to stock products that haven't been tested on animals, especially the hard to come by ones.

That's all I will say for now Razz

http://spectrum.niceboard.org

2Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
I agree completely.

A poor innocent animal, even though a rat or monkey or whatever... It still feels pain.

No animal deserves such treatment except some humans. Unlike animals, we can weigh up what is right and wrong.

A dog may bite someone, but that could just be the way its been raised among other things.

Enough said i think.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

3Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
Dogs most dogs bite people because you have annoyed it in some way

I have unfortunately been bit by a dog and yes, it had been raised rough and tough. I picked up one of its toys and it came at me and bit me on the arm.

Not really the dogs fault I think.

4Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
No animal does deserve to be tested on really.
But, Sadly, we cant ask for permissions, they cant say no. So most take advantage of this and well yeah, **** happens...

5Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
if you dont want the animals to be tested, then who? people? would you rather risk the life and/or cause pain on a human than an animal?

6Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:35 am

Loki

Loki
Took The First Step Towards Spectrum Addiction
How do we know the animals don’t like getting tested on?
Why are we assuming they dislike it?
Clearly by the human race evolving to an extent where firstly
we grasped "science" and then secondly having the ability to
test on animals gives us the right to do such testing as isn’t it survival of the fittest?

7Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:38 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
i agree with loki, its the way life works - survival of the fittest, anyway like i said before, the drugs and products need to be tested on something, its better animals than us

8Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Emilia

Emilia
Administrator
I will show you some photos and videos of animals being tested on. You can tell me if they like it or not.
There are actually tests that do not need animals to provide valuable answers. We are taking steps backwards. Why should something die when there is an alternative?

9Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

skattles

skattles
Getting Known
Think of this way what if we were the test? What if the animals were experimenting on us with drugs and **** I dont think we would like it too much.

http://www.freewebs.com/dark-armyclan

10Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Empty Re: Animal Cruelty - Animal Testing Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:04 pm

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
I seriously agree with loki. Altough, i think its wrong and they need to find other means, but it is seriously survival of the fittest.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum