Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:30 pm

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle

Is so far an 11 book series consisting of two quartets and a trilogy.

It is best described as a Darwinian fantasy. It's got nothing to do with the perennial (and sadly jaded) struggle of good vs evil. It's about the struggle for existence between four human species, each believing it has the better right to exist. Well, that's what Ian Irvine says... actually it's just an excuse for an enormous, action-packed adventure.

This is my favourite series of books and i was wondering has anyone else besides me (and mijy) read this series?

If so what did you think, If not and you enjoy a good fantasy book series i sugest you take a look at it.

2Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:06 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Hahahah, yeah its an awesome set.

I read the first series and then skipped to the third, since i couldn't get my hands on the second.

I'm re-reading the second book of the third series, since the third one was just released and i want to be up to date with it.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mijy07

3Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:55 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
That series sounds intruging... how many books are there altogether?

4Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:32 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
11 (fancy that mike(lifesapity) (that number haunts him)

The Three Worlds Cycle Series

The View from the Mirror Quartet
A Shadow on the Glass (1998)
The Tower on the Rift (1998)
Dark is the Moon (1999)
The Way Between the Worlds (1999)
The Well of Echoes Quartet
Geomancer (2001)
Tetrarch (2002)
Scrutator / Alchymist (U.K. title) (2003)
Chimaera (2004)
The Song of the Tears Trilogy
Torments of the Traitor / The Fate of the Fallen (U.K. title) (2006)
The Curse on the Chosen (2007)
The Destiny of the Dead (January 2009)

And im yet to read:
Tetrarch (2002)
Scrutator / Alchymist (U.K. title) (2003)
Chimaera (2004)
and
The Destiny of the Dead (January 2009)

5Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
hoo boy thats a lotta meatballs!

6Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:00 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
You had me until you said fantasy, i dun like no fantasy bookies...
Otherwise they sound good, and yes, a good excuse for action lol...

7Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
I am continually amazed you know how to read Miniman. XD

Last edited by Fade on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cos even gods make mistakes)

8Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:16 pm

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
Looks pretty good, I like a good fantasy series. I'll def have a look at it, big series though.

9Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:12 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Yeah I'm gonna see if I can get the first trilogy from the library, it sounds pretty good.

10Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:40 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Fade wrote:Yeah I'm gonna see if I can get the first trilogy from the library, it sounds pretty good.

Sorry to disappoint you, but a quartet is 4 books and is not a trilogy.

But i strongly recommend it.

11Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:42 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
Woops, I thought it was only 3 books in the first part for some reason.

12Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:15 am

Mijy

Mijy
Administrator
Well i hope you enjoy reading as much as i do, since there are around 500 pages in each book.

500x4+500x4+500x3 = 5500 pages of awesomeness.

rofl

13Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 am

MiniMan

MiniMan
Spectrum Addict
if you put it that way, it actually sounds reaaally small... but i know it isnt lol...
I might see what i can do..
And fade i read every single one of MR books in a month.. stfu..

14Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 am

Fade

Fade
Post Post Post
A whole month?
I kid, I kid.

15Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Empty Re: Ian Irvine - Three Worlds Cycle Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 pm

lifesapity

lifesapity
Double Century
if any of you get around to reading it make sure you tell me what you think Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum