Spectrum
Welcome to Spectrum: The forum about anything and everything!
The home of GoldenEye: Source and Minecraft!
Spectrum: The home of Friday Night Gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Rules for TA - Please Read Empty New Rules for TA - Please Read Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:35 am

martin

martin
Millennium Bug
In reaction to discussions that I have been having with the current players of the TA and what has recently happened in the TA. I am going to implement a new rule which will be in place from now until said otherwise.

The basic message of the rule is quite simple, that whenever your char is put in a tight situation, this can be a fight or any situation in the TA that can be considered to be very dangerous and/or life threatening. You are expected to say in an OOC message at the end of your post what you expect to happen in the next few moves of the TA.

This is to stop me from forgetting certain details or skipping certain elements of the current situation and to make the whole TA more progressive. This will also work as a failsafe to stop me from having to go back and change greatly what happens in the TA.

Example:

Cyan starts moving towards the ship taking cover as he moves, looking for a vehicle. speaking on the radio "I'm moving towards the ship hoping to board before it leaves, any backup appreciated" now speaking to wolf "I's there anyway you can slow that ship down Wolf?"

OOC:
Spoiler:

Make sure that you add that extra message in Spoiler captions, as some people may not want to read it and have the narrative experience spoiled for them. Also please add it after a line of OOC: so that I know that it is outside of your characters actions.

This extra message should only say what you expect to happen in the next one or two posts, not in ten posts.
You can give multiple things that you may think will happen, as in you think that "this" will happen OR "this". You can give as many multiple scenarios as you want and you can also say what you plan to do in such situations in your next post, but please keep it as simple as possible, leave your full descriptions for the actual post.

This does not mean that you have to add that extra message, but if you say nothing and I forget something that you expected, then too bad, what happens is final. This is to stop me from changing what happened in the TA.

I think this will end up making the TA much better, if you have any comments or anything to say, feel free to speak here.

2New Rules for TA - Please Read Empty Re: New Rules for TA - Please Read Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:58 am

Narurin

Narurin
Spectrum Addict
I think this is a really good idea. I wasn't there for what happened recently, but similar things have been happening all the way through the TA.

http://www.twitter.com/vanderde

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum